Webroot Secure Anywhere is the newest security product for 2012, with a new name too. It’s more than just antivirus software; it provides protection from malware threats which are typically managed by complete Internet security packages. It protects your online world from threats like spyware that are surreptitiously installed on your PC and steals your personal information. Additionally, it blocks advertising businesses that install adware programs on your PC which slow down its CPU and memory.
Webroot Secure Anywhere Antivirus 2012 has been analyzed and approved by the Major test labs such as AV-Test, Virus Bulletin, ICSA and West Coast Labs. Not a lot of antivirus programs have been examined and accepted by all the top test labs, which is a fantastic achievement by Webroot. However, the majority of the test results are typical and not really striking. On the AV-Test for Windows 7 functionality, it scored 67 percent for security, 58 percent for repair and 67 percent for usability. These results are far below other applications like BitDefender and Kaspersky who have scored over 80 percent in all these regions.
The most important features in this version are The award-winning Spy Sweeper tool that finds and eliminates spies on your PC 360° of protection against malware threats There are benefits and drawbacks associated with Webroot Secure Anywhere Antivirus and we have included the significant ones below to help you determine if it is the perfect antivirus program for you. Pros
1. Webroot Secure Anywhere includes the spyware removal feature which happens to be the best anti-spyware program in Business
2. It’s a quick scan that sweeps your PC in a couple of minutes and eliminates all threats.
3. It leverages cloud technology so its antivirus code won’t take up much space on your computer.
4. Webroot has been given 48 VB100 certificates by Virus Bulletin and this is an outstanding accomplishment and shows how effective it’s against virus threats.
5. Webroot provides you support via email, telephone and live chat service
6. It uses behavioral scanning to eliminate zero-day threats that are unknown and not in its own database of signature risks. Cons
1. Webroot does not supply a bootable rescue CD.
2. The test results shown in AV-Test Aren’t very impressive, and this is why it has failed to make the top ten list of antivirus products.
Top 10 Reviews Summary In general, Webroot Secure Anywhere Antivirus is a normal product and there are better apps you may see in the antivirus industry. It has the capacity though to block and eliminate viruses that are new and unknown. And its behavioral and signature scanning unite to give protection against zero-day threats.